Let us start by asking you some questions? Do you often experience a stabbing pain in the upper right abdomen side, right below the breastbone? Or maybe you often skip out on meals and remain hungry for longer periods?
Such things can be indicators of possible gallstones, and even if you don’t have them now, it doesn’t mean you are not at risk of developing them in the future.
A person’s gallbladder is this small pouch which connects the liver to your stomach. Its main function is storing bile, which the liver produces, until our body needs it for digesting fats.
And, due to many different possible factors at work, it can come to the crystallization (hardening) of any excess cholesterol or even bilirubin in one’s bile. This leads to the formation of gallstones.
The gallstones which are yellowish green in color are called cholesterol gallstones, while those made up of bilirubin are called pigment gallstones. They are darker in color and smaller in size.
RISK FACTORS AND CAUSES
- Your bile contains too much cholesterol
- Your bile contains too much bilirubin
- If it is not emptied properly, the remaining bile in one’s gallbladder starts forming stones
- If one is diabetic
- Losing lots of weight in a very short period
- Medications with estrogen (such as oral contraceptives) or hormone-therapy medications
- Low-fiber, high cholesterol, and high-fat daily diet
- Being overweight or obese
- Sedentary lifestyle (little or limited physical activity)
- Women have twice the risk of developing gallstones compared to men
- Mexican-American or Native-American origin further increases one’s risk
- Any family history of gallstones
SYMPTOMS TO LOOK OUT FOR
- Excruciating pain in your stomach, especially in the upper right area, just below your ribs
- This pain should last for more than 15 minutes and can even last up to 24 hours. Those with gallstones usually suffer continuous pain for about 1 to 5 hours.
- If the pain begins during the nighttime and is strong enough to wake you
- If it usually happens after a meal
- Vomiting and nausea
- Back pain, particularly between the shoulder blades and your right shoulder
HOW TO PREVENT GALLSTONES
- Make sure to maintain a proper weight without any sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Lose any excess weight you might have through exercise and not unhealthy crash diets
- Do regular workouts to lower your bad LDL cholesterol
- Consult with your doctor before taking any birth control pills or hormone therapy
- Eat a well-balanced, nutritious diet and never skip out on meals, particularly breakfast
HOME REMEDIES FOR GETTING RID OF GALLSTONES
Now that you’ve learned some prevention tips, it’s time to see what you can do if you are too late in preventing gallstones and are now in desperate need to get rid of them.
But remember, one should always consult with their doctor and do the proper medical tests to know for sure that they have gallstones. Never ignore any of the symptoms mentioned above and always seek medical help. If ignored, gallstones can contribute to many other health complications, namely:
- Inflammation of one’s gallbladder called Cholecystitis, which is accompanied by severe pain and fever
- Your bile duct becoming blocked, which ultimately leads to an infection or jaundice
- Your pancreatic duct can also become blocked, which may even lead to hospitalization
- Gallbladder cancer
And while most doctors will advise the removal of one’s gallbladder to get rid of this problem, there are much less troublesome and much cheaper methods to safely and successfully get rid of gallstones.
However, keep in mind, in case, even after several of these natural flushes you still experience strong and recurring pain up to the point where you lose consciousness, then perhaps the only way in your case would be surgery after all. For the rest of you with not so severe gallstone problems, read on below to learn some homemade remedies.
METHOD #1: GALLBLADDER FLUSHING
As the name suggests, this method is all about naturally flushing any gallstones from your system. There are multiple ways to do this.
You can try Epsom salt, which is great for not only relaxing the bile ducts and purging one’s gastrointestinal system, but also for helping any stones pass out of one’s system more easily.
Then there’s also olive oil, which stimulates one’s gallbladder into squeezing itself and expelling any gallstones. If you find it hard to swallow, grapefruit juice can help.
For softening the gallstones beforehand, there’s no better way than consuming plenty of fresh apple juice. This is thanks to its malic acid content.
Before we tell you exactly how to do this cleanse using the items we mentioned above, make sure you follow each step carefully and not combine this flush with any other remedies you may have heard about.
One more thing to consider: in case you are taking any prescription drugs (particularly connected to heart-health, blood pressure or high cholesterol) then you may want to ask your doctor if grapefruit juice is compatible with those drugs or not.
- Half a cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- One-fourth a cup of Epsom salts
- The juice of one large (or two small) grapefruit
- This procedure lasts 2 But before you start the flush, eat healthy for at least a whole week, concentrating on more vegetables and fruits.
- Drink one glass of fresh apple juice a day to soften the stones and prep them for easier flushing.
- Have a breakfast low on fats on the first morning of your flush, like oatmeal.
- 3 PM – mix three cups of water with 4 tbsp. of Epsom salt. Keep it in the refrigerator and do not consume anything after 3 o’clock.
- 7 PM – drink three-fourths a cup of the previously made mixture. If you have difficulty swallowing, use a straw.
- 9 PM – drink the same amount once more. As the purge starts within you, you may experience diarrhea. Don’t be alarmed – it’s natural.
- 10:45 PM – mix half a cup of grapefruit juice with half a cup of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and blend this using a mixer.
- Brush your teeth.
- 11 PM – drink the olive oil-grapefruit mixture in five minutes. As soon as you are finished, lie down on your back and stay that way for at least twenty minutes.
- Try to stay in bed the whole night, unless you need to go to the bathroom.
- 7 AM – drink three-fourths of the Epsom salt water.
- 9 AM – drink the last three-fourths of your Epsom salt water.
- It’s natural to go to the bathroom often during this period. And should you notice green stones in your poop, collect and count them using a strainer. Yes, we know it’s not a pretty job.
- You may start consuming juices at around 11 AM, and eating at around 1 PM, but something light like steamed vegetables or broth.
This procedure should remove any gallstones you have, or at least most of them. Just make sure to pause for two weeks before attempting it once more.
METHOD #2: APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
If you are looking for a natural way to gain instant pain relief (from any shifting gallstones), then drinking some unfiltered, raw ACV is just the thing you need.
ACV is acidic in nature, which means it can prevent one’s liver from producing too much cholesterol, which naturally prevents any cholesterol gallstone formation.
Not only does it prevent any future formation, but it can also help get rid of any already formed gallstones. Check out this nifty recipe.
- Two tsp. of ACV
- One tsp. of lemon juice
- One cup of warm water
1. Dilute the ACV in water
2. Add the lemon juice
Extra Notes: It’s best to drink this mixture in the morning on an empty stomach. You can also add some apple juice as that will further help the softening of the gallstones thanks to its malic acid.
Best to continue drinking this three times a day, for several weeks. You will know when to stop since the pain will disappear after all the gallstones have been flushed out.
METHOD #3: CHANCA PIEDRA
This unusually named plant can be found growing in the Amazon rainforest. Its name translates to ‘stone breaker’, and it couldn’t be more fitting. Not only can it be used to efficiently dissolve one’s gallstones, but it does the same with kidney stones too!
This magnificent plant also plays a vital role in treating urinary tract infections and naturally detoxifying the liver.
But there is one thing you should know about before you decide to use this plant. It naturally lowers one’s blood pressure, so for those already suffering from constantly low blood pressure, it should be avoided.
Also, pregnant women should best choose another natural remedy as this plant also serves as an abortion agent when taken in high doses.
CHANCA PIEDRA TREATMENT: WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Add two drops of this non-alcoholic tincture to one glass of water (warm)
- Or you can opt for taking 2 to 3 capsules containing 500 mg daily
- Drink this tincture two times each day, and when you start passing stones, increase your dosage to ten to fifteen drops in a glass of warm water taken two times a day
- Like we advised with the other procedures, it always helps to drink a glass of apple juice a day to soften the stones beforehand. Speaking of which…
METHOD #4: APPLE JUICE
This particular remedy is great when you need to treat cholesterol gallstones. Thanks to its malic acid and pectin – both of these two do wonders for softening and flushing any gallstones from your body.
PROPER TREATMENT – DRINKING APPLE JUICE 4 TIMES A DAY
- Drink one glass of this fresh juice four times each day. Ideally, it should be at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and once more before going to bed.
- Or you can instead try drinking 1 glass of apple juice each morning with one tbsp. of apple cider vinegar. Repeat this process once more at night time, before going to sleep.
This is a rather long process as it should ideally be done at least three to four months, so it can not only dissolve the existing ones but hinder the formation of any new ones too!
METHOD #5: OLIVE OIL AND LEMON
Were you aware that lemon juice can stop your liver from producing cholesterol? Not to mention its high vitamin C content, which makes cholesterol become more soluble, which in turn enables a much swifter disposal of any waste products from your body.
Lemon can also boast with its pectin content. Pectin is excellent at relieving any pain occurring in the gallbladder which is the result of gallstones.
Lemons are even further helpful because they contain citrate, which can cut down on the deposits of calcium in your gallbladder. This can only aid in the dissolving and even passing of any stones.
The olive oil, on the other hand, plays the role of a lubricant. This means it can ease the removal of any gallstones from one’s body. Further help comes from garlic paste, which also does miracles when it comes to dissolving cholesterol gallstones.
- 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 of garlic paste
1. Start by adding all of the ingredients into a cup
2. Give them a good, thorough mixing
3. This mixture works best when you drink it first thing in the morning before eating anything
In order to make sure you dissolve the gallstones properly, drink this mixture daily for at least 40 days in a row. It won’t do you any harm if you decide to drink it for a longer period. The main mission is to get rid of the gallstones completely.
SOME EXTRA TIPS
Other than the procedures we just taught you, we’d also like to present you with some tips which you may find useful:
- For some much-needed pain relief, try soaking in a bath containing Epsom salts.
- For instant relief (within twenty minutes or so) try drinking one glass of white wine.
- You can also try applying some heated castor oil (using a woolen cloth of something similar) either between your shoulder blades or the upper right side of the abdomen.
- Another way of dissolving gallstones is to drink one cup of peppermint tea on a daily basis. It will also bring some relief against spasms and strong attacks.
- You can take psyllium husks to ensure a regular bowel movement and prevent the formation of gallstones altogether.
- For an improved liver health, try drinking some dandelion tea or even including some tender dandelion greens into your daily diet.
- Either eat cooked pears or drink pear juice twice daily to help with the softening or flushing out of gallstones.
- And lastly, you can opt for some milk thistle extract for increasing the production of bile and successfully flush out any gallstones from your system.
That’s it, dear readers. We sincerely hope these methods and tips will come in handy and aid you in winning the battle against gallstones. Stay healthy!