Even though we know processed foods are really bad, these ‘delicacies’ continue to be our favorite.
Processed products, GMOs, sugary treats and fast food keep harming our organisms, and the worst thing is we are very well aware of it. The health-harming foods alter the pH values of our organisms to terrifying extent.
Our bodies are meant to be alkaline; however, we go against the nature and make them acidic. How come would anyone prefer junk food over health-friendly veggies and fruits? affects the immune function, thus make the body prone to illnesses.
If you are one of the health-conscious people, you are probably doing everything in your power in order to obtain your overall health at optimal level. We like to contribute to the effort you are making, and thus present you the top 5 alkaline foods. However, you do not have to be sick in order to eat healthy.
1. Swiss chard
This is one of the mightiest alkaline foods. It has been proven to protect the organism from viruses, free radicals and bacteria.
It is brilliant cleanser, plus it possesses amazing pH value estimated to 8.5. By adding this superfood into your diet, you will certainly improve your health. You can use all types of melon you can find. Watermelons are also good. This fruit high in fiber is consisted of 92% of water.
Buckwheat nutrients boost energy level and keep you full during the day. consume more buckwheat so you can strengthen your heart and also maintain optimal cardiovascular functions.
4. Olive oil
Compared to other foods, olive oil contains more monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E.
5. Flax seed
This seed is highly alkaline, high in fiber and abundant in vitamin E. The seed’s anti-inflammatory properties can also help in reducing hot flashes during menopause in women.
Other great alkaline foods
• Avocados – possess an abundant of healthy monounsaturated fats that strengthen the health of the heart
• Bananas – amazing superfood
• Berries – high in antioxidants
• Carrots – contain beta-carotene, improve vision
• Garlic – regulates blood pressure
• Broccoli – decreases level of cholesterol
• Grapes – contain antioxidants and multivitamins; great against hypertension
• Pineapple – provides healthy loss of excess body weight
• Alfalfa sprouts – easy to digest; packed with enzymes that can provide normal hormonal balance
• Lemons – the best alkaline food; prevents colds, flu and cough
• Brussels sprouts – has strong anti-cancer properties
• Sauerkraut – probiotics you should most likely add to your diet
• Cauliflower – an excellent bread substitute
• Grapefruit – high in vitamins C and A
• Seaweeds – decrease acidity; abundant in and iron
• Quinoa – can regulate blood sugar
• Cucumber – 90% water; gives a youthful and healthy skin complexion
• Parsley – detoxifies the intestines
• Mango – cleanses the colon
• Spinach – the ultimate vegetable that contains tons of vitamins
• Oranges – can protect against colds
• Papaya – a natural laxative that ejects toxins from the colon