Colds, viruses or flues are represented with coughs, clogged sinuses and headaches. In cases like these we immediately reach for medications. But, instead of pills and syrups we should first try the natural alternatives instead.
- Oregano (oregano vulgare) against cough – against simple cough, different teas combined with lemon and honey are very helpful. But, if you are faced with persistent cough and you have pain in throat, add few drops of essential oregano oil in a glass of warm water. After this combination you will feel better and your symptoms will soothe.
- Menthol against clogged sinuses – during the winter period clogged sinuses are appearing and in case you are able, purchase air moisturizer. Devices like these are creating moisture in the room which you are in and due to it your airways will open and you will breathe more easily. Also gels based on menthol will help you to unclog them, just place them under your nose and inhale deeply.
- Lavender against headache – If you inhale deeply lavender oil you will easily get rid of your headache. Lavender is able to relax the neck muscles and soothe different pains.
- Yoga against insomnia – Insomnia can be decreased by yoga. Many people who practice yoga can fall asleep faster and sleep hour more than those who do not practice it. Other physical activity can also be quite helpful.
- Ice against irritated muscles – After hard exercises out muscles are usually irritated and exhausted so, cold coatings can be quite helpful if you place them on the affected area. Cold shower also can reduce the pain and inflammation by also easing the tension.
Turmeric, gold Asian spice on the other hand, can be quite helpful during winter in case of depression. It has antidepressant properties and due to them your mood will be improved. It is quite excellent against colds and flu.