Ginger is considered the most powerful food of the 21st century. It fosters the immune system, improves digestion, reduces inflammation and contains lots of essential oils such as shogaol, gingerol, zingerone etc, which give it the aroma and flavor. They also have anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-viral properties which reduce pain and cure asthma and some other cardiovascular diseases.
Ginger tea benefits
- It treats the viruses that might cause colds, influenza or cold sores.
- It relieves pain and is very effective in the process of curing cold, flue, sore muscles or headache.
- It is rich in antioxidants which foster the immune system and prevent the body of infections.
- Its warming features improve circulation and support the vitamins, minerals and oxygen delivery in the body.
- It lowers the risk of getting a heart attack.
Ginger tea recipe
- Water- 1 cup
- Coconut milk
- Organic honey
- Ground ginger- ¼ teaspoon
- Ground turmeric- ¼ teaspoon
The preparation of this tea is very simple. Boil the water and add the ginger and turmeric in it. Let it simmer for 7-10 minutes and after that add the milk. Remove from heat and pour the liquid in a cup. Optionally, you can also add some flavor. Enjoy this healthy tea!